Sunday, August 15, 2010

looking for God

My friend Sue and I have been communicating each day about our adventures in noticing where God shows up each day, a suggestion made by Judith Turian in her book Hanging out with God. Sue and I have been doing this for a couple of weeks now, just noticing in the day something that brings God to mind and then reporting it to each other

We're both finding that God shows up most easily in Nature: in the light through the trees, the sunrise, a soft breeze or hot wind, the gorgeous color of a begonia, the yellow of a big sunflower and this has brought up for me how little time I spend in nature in a day and how my soul craves that.

I'm also seeing God in the actions of other people: a sincere thank you, a bright smile, a kindness, a clever remark. How all these things are part of creation.

No comments: