Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 14 Sunday confession

I have to confess that I overate tonight. First time since I've been on this program. I don't feel bad about it;it's an old habit, but I'm physically uncomfortable and I've liked not feeling stuffed.

I didn't go off the plan. Today I had my green smoothie, some oatmeal, and a big salad with turkey but I ate dinner early, about 5, because I was really hungry and then I was still hungry and I ate some nuts and that held me for a while and then I was hungry again. And rather than sit with it or have a big glass of water, I fixed another snack. Half an avocado and salsa and chips and I ate too much of it.

It was delicious and I wasn't being the least bit mindful. I was watching TV (I guess I could blame it on Argo, which wasn't great) and I just kept eating. I didn't even think of my commitment or my intention or anything. I wasn't thinking, I was just eating.

I didn't want to write about this tonight. I had a couple of other topics in mind and I didn't want to own it. But that's the old pattern too and I want to break free of them. That's what's really important to me.

No comments: