Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 15 The energy to make other changes

I'm starting to feel different, better. I'm not sure how to describe it. I'm a bit lighter in myself, less heavy, less sluggish. I'm not suddenly full of energy but I have more to use, to spend in some way. Here are some examples:

Yesterday my good friend Melanie offered me a nice chair and I said yes without thinking about it too much. It arrived while I was gone, thanks to my nephew Miles and his girlfriend, and it was much bigger than I expected. So I decided to rearrange the furniture in my living room. Today my housekeeper Molly and I tried out a bunch of things and gave the room a good spring cleaning. All of that would have seemed way too much trouble before.

Today I used my slow cooker for the first time (its only former use has been to keep cider hot at my annual Christmas open house). I didn't have a recipe. I just put in butternut squash, zucchini, an onion, a few potatoes, some herbs, and some organic canned broth. All that would have seemed way too much trouble before.

I've started using the dishwasher that my landlord installed five years ago. I want to see if it's more or less expensive than doing them by hand. That would have seemed way too much trouble before.

I wouldn't have described myself as tired or uninterested two weeks ago, but I'm certainly more energetic and more interested two weeks later.

PS The soup was delicious!

No comments: