Monday, March 11, 2013

Made it through day 1

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. And the first day of my food regime. I ate what I was supposed to, mostly on time. I figured out a way to get a big salad for lunch between my work appointments on the other side of the river (thank the universe for New Seasons salad bar). I was hungry a lot as I am used to eating much more fat and much more meat. No meat today. Lots and lots of veggies. Some beans and avocado. Some fruit.

I had a lot of anxiety this morning. Anxious about changing my routine. Anxious about not having food whenever I want it. Anxious about not having the foods that I want, the treats and high-fat sating foods that I'm used to. But it was okay and when I ate lunch, I was hungry and enjoyed it and when I ate dinner, I was hungry and enjoyed it. and that too is a change.

My writing group just left and normally I'd be sitting down to a Netflix movie and cheese and crackers. Instead, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

zbmeredith said...

way to go, girl. From what I understand, it may take a week or two for the nutritional power of what you are doing (and not doing) to be evident in how you feel, sleep, think, etc.....but that, once it does, you may never want to go back. I read a Mr. Money Moustache blog the other day about drinking alcohol in which his final conclusion was: YOU CAN BE BETTER - as the main benefit (for those of us who aren't alcoholics) to consider cutting down or OUT alcohol consumption. I think that YOU CAN BE BETTER refrain is what solid, persistent nutrition can do for us. Be sure to drink WAY more water than usual and keep your eye on that Hungry Ghost archetype....He seems to follow me around as well - Perhaps the POWER GREENS will overtake him.