Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 43 Ah, the scale!

Today, I had an appointment to see my doctor because I've been enjoying the discomfort of plantar fasciitis and I needed to see her before I could get an appointment with my PT person. I knew they were going to weigh me. The MA always does. So I had an opportunity to see where I am at 6 weeks.

It was very tempting. I flirt quite regularly with making this new food plan about weight loss like all the other diets. I lost a good number of pounds the first month, my clothes are fitting more loosely, I can see the weight loss in my face. And I could track my progress by weighing every day. But I know that's the road to disaster.

My first goal is to feel great. That's what attracted me to this plan. Going through the emotional ups and downs of the scale's ups and downs is not going to contribute to that. Knowing what I weigh once a month and on the same scale at the same time of day seems a reasonable measure of weight loss.

So I told Michelle, the MA, that I didn't want to know my weight and she had me get on the digital scale backwards. That worked just fine.

No comments: