Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 70 I could never have imagined

Today for the first time, I didn't have a green juice smoothie for breakfast. I was making fresh oatmeal/chia/hemp/buckwheat cereal and it was ready and so I ate that (my favorite combo is the hot cereal, rice milk, half a banana, a few walnuts, berries, and a splash of maple agave). It was very satisfying and I moved into my morning.

Later I drove out to my friend Susan's in the country and we had a great conversation, made some lunch together (she's also trying out the plan) of white beans, a few olives, roasted red peppers, romaine, parsley, chopped onion and a lemon vinaigrette, all heated up. Really delicious. We played some canasta and I headed home a couple of hours later.

I did a few things around the house and then realized I was hungry or needing something. I ate a rice cake and an orange but I wasn't satisfied. And then it dawned on me that I needed green juice. My body needed feeding. So I juiced and made a smoothie with apple, blackberries, and banana. I drank a big glass and felt so satisfied.

I could never have imagined a craving for green juice. Ice cream, yes. Candy bar, yes. Cheetos, yes. But green juice? How things have changed!

No comments: