Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 107 Big encouragement from the numbers

Next Monday I have my annual physical. I already talked to my doctor last month about the plan. She had heard of the movie Forks over Knives; in fact, her teenage son had seen it and gotten his high school health class to watch it. She applauded what I was eating and that I was losing weight.

This morning I went for blood work so we would have the results when we meet next week. I was amazed by the results that came in an email this afternoon. My cholesterol is down 72 points, from 226 last fall to 154 today. My triglycerides were done an equally huge number, from 166 to 84. My HDL came up 7 points, which is good news, and my LDL dropped from 137 to 94. Everything else was in the normal range for the first time in probably 15 years. Even my glucose dropped 6 points back into the normal range.

I am ecstatic and looking forward to talking with the doctor about getting off of some of my prescriptions. The Plan is working for me! Hurray!

No comments: