Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 86 Eating out on the Plan

My friend Pam came over this afternoon. We had a nice long chat and then she suggested that we go out to dinner. I knew she was coming and I had a great veggie soup already to go, but she wanted to go out and that was fine with me. Except, where to go on the Plan?

Portland has hundreds of wonderful restaurants and my neighborhood itself has a good number but I realized I haven't scouted out the vegetarian/vegan possibilities since I started to eat differently. In the last 3 months, I've only been out half a dozen times and I usually just get a burger patty and salad. But I'd had that for lunch  at home. We chatted a bit and decided on an Indian restaurant up the street. We ate well though I would have preferred brown rice to white. But it reminds me to start doing a little research so that when the opportunity comes up again, I've got some good choices that help me stay on track.

No comments: