Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 89 An inexplicable week and a bit more of eating less

Three weeks ago, I seemed hungry all day every day. That lasted most of a week. Even though I never varied from the Plan, I was eating snacks that were more like meals and I felt a bit of despair that that would never change. At the end of the week, I'd regained half a pound, rather than continuing to lose, and while "discouraged" is too strong a word and I wasn't really worried, I wasn't happy with what was happening. At the same time, I didn't want to fall into dieting, the old eating as little as possible no matter how miserable I feel just to get the numbers to budge.

I'd like to say that I found the solution and will be eating sanely forever more, but that's not what happened. Instead, the next week and this week, I've just not been as hungry. I don't have any explanation for it. I've still had some restless urges to eat and some I've ignored and not eaten over and others I've eaten something but for the first time with a real consciousness that that's not what I really want.

I've been putting less on my plate, leaving portions uneaten, not needing the 4 pm snack every day and less concerned about whether I eat meat every day. It's very curious this shift. I don't know if it's temporary or is something in my body is regulating itself differently. But I'm glad for it.


No comments: