Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 95 Compulsive overeating: is it time for the rubber to hit the road?

I've been overeating. No excuses. No rationalizations. I could tell you my circumstances--some work overwhelm in the last few weeks, not enough days off, not enough exercise because of strained back. Or that our incredibly beautiful weather got cool and rainy and that seems here to stay. Or that one of my cats barfed on the carpet and I stepped in it. Or that it was Tuesday. Or that it was 3 pm.

None of that matters. What matters is that I'm still compulsively eating more than I need to. Not every day, not every hour. But food is still running a part of the show in a way I don't like.

The truth is that while I made a firm commitment to changing what I eat, I have not made any kind of real commitment to changing how much I eat and how often. And I have a huge resistance to taking that next step. So in conversation with my coach Elisabeth today, I agreed to sit with that, to write about it, and see what it would take to be willing to be willing.

No comments: