Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 96 Shifting my focus back to what's working

I got a great email from my food plan buddy Lily, reminding me to appreciate myself for all the good work I've done over the last three months in switching to a much healthier food plan. Sure, there are more changes ahead perhaps but she reminded me that it's more important to focus on what's working well than on what's not working.

So here's what's working well:
1. I've stayed on a mostly plant-based diet for over three months.
2. There are only Plan foods in my house (with the exception of some brown sugar and some organic sugar. Looking for someone to take them).
3. I have stayed off wheat, dairy, and soy all this time.
4. I have lost over 20 pounds.
5. After the first 10 days, I have felt great emotionally, even when I was tired or sore or suffering from some minor aging ailments.
6. I've cut way back on animal protein and fat over these 3 months.
7. I drink juice and smoothie with many veggies and fruits every day.
8. I eat about 5x more veggies than I did before.
9. I have eaten almost no processed food in three months.
10. I have blogged every day.

Hurray!

No comments: