Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 155 This week's combos

Lots of fun cooking the last two days. (Never thought I'd hear myself say that again).

This week's crockpot soup: cauliflower, bokchoy, Walla Walla sweet onion, celery, black lentils, wild rice in Pacific's organic mushroom broth.

This week's veggie bake:  sliced yukon gold potatoes, a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, lots of freshly chopped basil.

Smoothie: In addition to my standards (half a banana, some blueberries, half apple, and green juice), I've been experimenting with kiwi and melon and nectarine combinations. I also added 2 peeled raw beets to the juicer. It makes a beautiful color of smoothie although it's a little earthy.

I haven't been eating eggs much because I like them cooked in butter and served with buttered toast, but the other night I scrambled two eggs from my good friend Sue's very own chickens in a non-stick pan and they were great. Also have discovered New Cascadia teff seeded bread. Teff is an Ethiopian grain that is very high in fiber and high in protein and gluten-free and the New Cascadia version (made locally) actually tastes like bread. I ate mine with a smear of cashew butter and all-fruit marionberry jam and a big sliced fresh tomato on the side. Yum!


1 comment:

Diane Sorensen said...

Yum, yum and YUM! Heading to the kitchen now...