Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 168 A Coconut Bliss confession

On Feb 14, 2010, I gave up dessert and all intentional sweets: cake, cookies, candy, ice cream, pudding, scones, muffins, pancakes, waffles. For two years, I didn't have any at all. Then last year I ate pancakes a couple of times with all-fruit jam. I didn't end up binging or craving them. In fact, I didn't enjoy them all that much. Then last winter I had a month of candy madness, which ended with my stepping into the plan.

But as I noted earlier this week in this blog, I've been craving something creamy and sweet and coconut yogurt just wasn't doing it. So I bought some Coconut Bliss frozen dessert (aka ice cream). I'd had it before and not been much interested. I didn't like it as much as ice cream. It just seemed a waste of calories.

This time, however, I did like it. I do like it. I like it very much. I probably like it too much. I have two pints in my freezer and will finish them and then let it go. I don't want to, I want to try all the flavors, and find my favorites and stock up on it, and be able to eat all I want until I don't want anymore. If I knew that would happen quickly, I'd probably say f..k it and go for it. But I know only too well that it won't happen quickly. That I'll probably like it for several months and a considerable number of pounds regained.

Thus, this confession. No sneaking, no hiding. Just eating healthy food in plain sight. Damn it!

No comments: