Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 182 Some good combinations

Usually, I juice a number of different vegetables at a time. Always some kind of greens (kale, romaine, spinach, or chard), cucumber, and carrots, and then other things I have on end. This past week in the CSA box, there were a lot of tomatoes ('tis the season) and my plan buddy Lily didn't want hers as she was headed out of town for most of the week. After battling 6 trillion fruit flies, it occurred to me to just juice all those tomatoes. It was a gorgeous ruby color and wow! it sure beats canned tomato juice. I added the juice of half a lime. Yum!

My bake this week is a version of Chicken Marbella. I put in chicken thighs, two spoons of capers and juice, a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, about a dozen big green olives stuffed with garlic, a cup of dried prunes. I marinated that of 24 hours, then added large cubes of yellow squash and thin rounds of baby eggplant, a cup of chicken broth and baked for 45 minutes at 350. Served over brown rice. Yum!

My soup this week was replay of a favorite: TJoe's pujabi spinach sauce, a can of Amy's curried lentil soup, chopped onions, sliced cauliflower, a couple of sliced potatoes from the box, cherry tomatoes, and black lentils in the crockpot. Double yum!

No comments: