Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 183 Six months on the plan

Today, I came to the six-month mark on the Plan. No 12-step chip to pick up but still celebrating. Lots of things have changed for me, far more than I could have guessed when I watched those films 7 months ago.

What's changed:

1. I don't dairy or wheat anymore and I don't miss them.
2. I eat greens every day in juice or steamed veggies.
3. I've lost 37 pounds with little discomfort.
4. I exercise 6 days a week now instead of 3 or 4.
5. I am cheerful most all the time.
6. I have a much higher threshold for the normal irritations of life. They just don't bother me the way they used to (I assume that is because I have a healthier nervous system).
7. I have more energy and more ambition in the sense of tackling things I'd like to do.
8. I'm cooking again and really enjoying eating what I cook.
9. I don't feel guilty about what I eat, even when I eat more than I need as the foods are healthy.
10. I am slowly balancing my life better between work, play, and rest.
11. I have had only one episode of anxiety in the last six months and it was fleeting.
12. I smile a whole lot more.

No comments: