Friday, October 18, 2013

Edit 221 Another great Jill Kelly taste creation!

I had some old friends over for a potluck last night. I was providing the main dish and had planned to make an old favorite but discovered Wed afternoon that I didn't have all the ingredients and there was no time for a trip to the store (and I didn't feel like making time). So I looked at what I had and took a risk and this is what I made. It was fabulous!

Chicken with cherries and fennel

Cut up boneless, skinless chicken thighs in bite-size pies. (I used 10 thighs for 6 of us).

Mix 1/2 cup Luccini's Fig and Walnut Savory Balsamic Vinaigrette (or another tasty, fruity dressing), lemon salt, cumin, garlic and 2 cups of broth. Pour over chicken. Add 2 tablespoons capers and a bag of T Joe's dried black cherries. Marinate for 12-24 hours covered in the fridge.

Pour into baking dish and add 2 cups chopped fennel, 1 cup chopped kohlrabi, and 1 each chopped red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper.

Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes or until fennel is fork-tender. Serve over rice.

No comments: