Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 240 Two weeks on the new exercise plan

I'm now in week 3 of the 420/7 exercise plan for this month. I'm finding out several things about my preferences and abilities. First, I don't seem to like to walk more than about 45 minutes at a time. My low back and hips are done. This has been especially true on the beach where the sand isn't always very firm and it can be trudging rather than walking. Wind and rain have been factors as well.

Second, I find it hard to make myself stop what I'm doing during the day to stretch or do floor work. I keep putting it off and then it just doesn't get done, so that most of my exercise is walking. That's not bad, but it's not working my whole body in the way I want. Each day that I've walked 45 minutes, I've promised myself to do 15 minutes on the mat. And I just don't. So either I need to do it immediately after walking (like no choice and no kidding) or think of something else to do.

Last week I exercised 410 minutes and added a 20-minute jacuzzi bubble bath and a 90-minute massage to my time (total of 520 minutes) because both the bath and massage were efforts at physical well-being. I'm interested in seeing what else might make that list.

No comments: