Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 246 This week's creations

Jill's Borscht:

My good friend Melanie gifted me with a quart of her "tomato water" (what's left over from making tomato sauce) and I used it for this soup. A good can of organic peeled tomatoes should do the trick if you pulverize it first.

Roughly chop organic carrots, peeled beets, celery, red cabbage, a peeled pear, a peeled apple, and a zucchini. Add to tomato water with seasonings of choice (I used garlic, lemon salt, and Tuscan combo). Cook f r 2.5 hours on high in the crock pot. Add 3/4 cup red quinoa for the last half hour. Triple yum.

Veggie roast:

Baby yellow potatoes, carrots, zucchini, apple, cauliflower--in chunks. I made a marinade of a little olive oil, a little Stonewall Vidalia Onion sauce, a little balsamic, lemon salt, garlic. Baked at 400 for about 40 minutes (while I juiced). Delicious.

No comments: