Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 256 Where do I go now with exercise?

This week, I've been thinking about what I want my exercise plan to look like next. Before I did my 420/7 plan, I was averaging 175 minutes (45 x 3 and 20 x 2) a week. That's probably enough for maintenance for me but not for increased fitness and stamina. 

I have already enrolled my gym buddy Melanie in doing 60 minutes at the gym 3 times a week and we either do 60 minutes or 90 minutes a fourth time. (We go Wed and Thurs, Sat and Sun as that best fits her work schedule). So that's 240 to 270 a week. I want to add to that 30 minutes a day the other three days of the week minimum. So my goal is going to be 330-360 minutes a week. That seems both a stretch and doable in this season of short, dark days and lots of rain and cold. 

In addition, I am slowly increasing intensity of both weight and cardio work at the gym. Did 15 minutes of big incline on the treadmill yesterday for the first time in a long time. It wasn't easy but I could do it. Hurray!

What kind of an exercise plan are you willing to commit to?

No comments: