Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 287 Circle of well-being

Yesterday I heard a woman speak about a circle of well-being, all the things she found that worked best for herself. So I spent some time thinking about the things that I would put in my circle. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Being in bed by 10 pm and up by 7 am. (8-9 hours works well for me.)
2. Drinking a fresh green juice smoothie every morning.
3. Avoiding wheat and dairy.
4. Going to the gym 3-4 times a week.
5. Walking on all other days with illness or seriously inclement weather the only excuses.
6. Eating animal protein only once a day and not every day.
7. Writing in my journal every morning.
8. Doing art or creative writing nearly every day.
9. Petitation (petting meditation) every day.
10. AA once a week or more.
11. Connecting with my best friend nearly every day.
12. Turning off all screens about 90 minutes before I go to bed.
13. Taking a creative retreat with friends every season.
14. Each month, sessions with my spiritual director and massage therapist.
15. As needed, acupuncture.
16. Taking only the medications I really need and the supplements I've determined are best for me (fish oil, CoQ10, vitamin D).
17. Getting up regularly from the computer during the day to move around, stretch, and get down on the floor and get up again.
18. Abstaining from alcohol, drugs, and refined sugars.
19. Increasing the amount of quiet, do little or nothing time in each day.
20. Staying connected with family and friends.

What's inside your circle of well-being? I'd love to hear to from you. Jill

No comments: