Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 289 Christmas Evie and other gratitudes

Much gratitude in my heart this Christmas of 2013 for the wonderful life I have. Here are some of the things I am most grateful for:

1. My health, mental and physical, which remains strong, albeit with some minor aging issues.
2. A close relationship with family and good friends
3. A wonderful circle of women writers
4. The joy of a new kitten with her antics, her tentativeness in the world, her loving nature, and her many teachings
5. Frannie, Nellie, and Sammy, the best felines in the world, who love me no matter what.
6. Joe Cross, for filming Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, a documentary that catapulted me towards better eating.
7. The thrill of a traditionally published book due out in March.
8. My studio, which is my happy place, and the joy of color
9. A great apartment complete with fabulous neighbor, ancient tree, and a terrace that no longer leaks.
10. Affordable quarterly writing retreats with friends
11. A reliable, high-mileage car that is all paid for
12. An abundance of interesting work
13. A wonderful counselor/therapist/spiritual director who keeps me moving towards healing and peace.
14. My food plan buddy, Lily, who helps me stay honest
15. My gym buddy, Mel, who helps me keep fit
16. And most important of all, my 24 years of sobriety, which makes all the rest possible.




No comments: