Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 313 Today in the kitchen

I needed to make soup today and I didn't want to go to the store so I pulled stuff out of the cupboard out of the vegetable bins and this is what I came up:

A box of Trader Joe's black bean soup
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
Some carrots, chopped
All the rest of the celery in the fridge, chopped
Some organic breakfast sausage, thawed and cooked
1 can of T Joe's Cuban black beans
3 cups frozen chopped spinach

Put all ingredients in the old crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours. Delicious over red Bhutan rice.

Accompanying that, one of my favorite salads:

Trader Joe's 8 chopped vegetables, chopped Fuji apple, sunflower seeds, a light vinaigrette.

All fabulous!

PS Discovered Honey Ginger Crystals from a company in China called Prince of Peace (yes, there are Biblical sayings on the packaging) but a few sprinkled in tea or a smoothing are a delight!


No comments: