Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 307 What's cooking

One of the reasons I think I've felt off-kilter this past week is that I haven't been fixing and eating enough of my own food. I came back from retreat with quite a few leftovers and I ate out a lot more last week than I usually do anymore. While it was a lovely luxury to have so much food prepared for me, it's also grounding and important that I cook for myself and plan my meals out each day, rather grazing on what comes up.

So yesterday, I stopped and got a big salad from the Whole Foods salad bar, additional veggies, and came home and cooked.

Chicken bake
Organic boneless, skinless thighs
1 jar Trader Joe's red pepper artichoke tapenade
2 T. fig jam
2 zucchini cut in thick rounds
6 small potatoes sliced

Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. Fabulous!

January Soup
1 can northern beans, drained
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1 cup chopped celery
half head of cauliflower sliced
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 chopped zucchini
4 cups beef broth
cumin, garlic, lemon salt, Italian seasonings

Crock pot about 3 hours, until potatoes are soft. Serve over brown rice or quinoa for extra protein

No comments: