Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 315 What I need to take on my next trip

I'm headed to Florida next week to give some workshops with the fabulous Karen Casey and I'll be staying for a week with Karen and her great husband Joe. There's no room in my suitcase for the juicer and nutribullet, rice cooker, and crockpot. So I was asking my health coach how for suggestions on how I could manage the food issues and she said, "Jill, the only thing you need to take with you is commitment."

While I think that's true, I'm a planner, an organizer, a make-sure-it's-going-to-be-okay kind of recovering person. So yesterday, I asked Karen to clear a shelf in her fridge for me and either the evening I arrive or the next day, we'll head to Food for Thought, an organic market where we ate lunch last year, and I'll get what I need. It may not be exactly what I'm used to but I know that I can stay off wheat and dairy, minimize soy, and eat lots of fruits and veggies. It helps to have more than 10 months on the plan under my belt!

I'll also take my commitment.

No comments: