Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 321 Feeding myself in flight

Tomorrow I head off at what my family affectionately calls the "butt crack of dawn" to fly to Florida for a week of teaching workshops with Karen Casey. I've made some arrangements with Karen about food while I'm there but I need to plan for the day of travel itself.

I need to be at the airport about 5:45 so if I get up at 4, I can do a green juice smoothie before I leave. But I'll need second breakfast at some point. No scones, muffins, croissants are going to do it as I don't do wheat. That also eliminates sandwiches or string cheese.

I need something portable and satisfying. So I'll be packing a small bag of eats: a couple of rice cakes with peanut butter, apple slices, a Larabar or two, maybe some frozen grapes. I'll hope for some place with a salad in Minneapolis during my layover. It's not quite as simple as a grab-and-go sandwich but it should work out fine.

No comments: