Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 335 Glad I stocked up!

On Tuesday when I went to the organic store, I really stocked up. I have a tendency to buy more food than I need at any one time, food insecurity I guess, and I wanted lots of what I wanted, but this time it worked well for me. We've been more or less snowed in since Thursday noon and I've had plenty of veggies and fruit.

I've juiced twice: kale, romaine, celery, carrots, apple, satsumas, cucumber. Got enough bananas, grapes to freeze, some frozen marionberries and raspberries, and lots of spinach for the smoothies.

I got a package of yams and sweet potato, peeled and chunked, and made a soup of some of that with onion, fennel, white beans, bok choy, yellow curry sauce, and chicken broth. Have been eating it with ground lamb and Bhutanese red rice.

I also did a veggie bake of the rest of yams and sweet potato, onion, kale, celery, and cauliflower, with a sauce of olive oil, reduced balsamic vinegar, lemon salt, basil, and broth. Fabulous with chicken sausages.

Wonderful warm foods for cold winter nights!

No comments: