Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 345 Recommitting to celebration

More than intermittent candy consumption has been going on in my life lately. I realized recently that I've lost touch with celebration and gratitude. I haven't been in a negative space. I've actually been pretty upbeat. But I've been focused on getting a lot done: paid work, a new art website, coming to the end of the first draft of the current novel, the homework assignments for the big program I'm participating in, snf general maintenance for my life. And then I've been collapsing, lapsing, relapsing into a lot of Netflix evenings and extra sleep.

There's nothing wrong with what I've been doing. Even the candy-eating isn't wrong, it isn't a mistake. But it's not what I really want. I want joy as well as productivity, I want deep peace as well as thanks from my clients, I want a broad margin to my life as well as full engagement. I was the unrelenting cheerfulness of no sugar, no wheat, no dairy.

I know that a shift into celebration and gratitude is one reliable avenue into the things I want. I'm turning down that street starting tonight.

No comments: