Wednesday, March 26, 2014

An old song redone for us food addicts

Thanks to my friend Jon Dickman for sharing this with us. 

Parody on “Taking a Chance on Love”
By Jon Dickman

Here I go again
About to eat pie dough again
All aglow again
Feeding my face with love

Here I slide again
About to gorge French fries again
Starry eyed again
Feeding my face with love

I thought that I could resist it
That I never would stray
That cake, it looks so delicious
One slice should be okay

Things are heaven now
One slice has turned to seven now
Soon it will be eleven now
Feeding my face with love

Here I slip again
About to suck Cool Whip again
Lost my grip again
Feeding my face with love

Here I fly again
That ice cream sends me high again
Wond’ring why again
Feeding my face with love

Managed no sweets for an hour
Ev’rything A.O.K.
Then came my friend’s baby shower
I O-D’d on crème brûlée

Things are better now
I wrote a journal letter now
Brought home an Irish Setter now

Taking a chance on love!

No comments: