Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 357 Rare and precious gift

My good friend Lily recently moved to another city and ramped up her AA meetings from a couple of times a month to a couple of times a week. She has many years clean and sober and has found that reconnecting with the program has helped her retain peace of mind in this big life transition. I'm enjoying "being with my people," she wrote, "so many who know how rare and precious sobriety is."

Going to meetings is great for connecting with people who know what you've been through but also for connecting with people who know how extraordinary this reincarnation as a sober and principled person is, what a rare and precious gift. When I remember this each morning, I begin the day with much gratitude and my other problems, which may have loomed large when I went to bed, fall into a different kind of perspective.

No comments: