Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 359 Coaching experience celebration

A couple of days ago, I wrote about a challenge I was having with my coach in this new intensive program. I was stuck in an old place. Do I accept what's been given me (the coach was assigned) and make the best of it? Or do I ask for something else that might be better? For some of you, this is probably a no-brainer. Ask for something else, of course! But I'm a loyal co-dependent and so such decisions are much more difficult.

I thought about it for about most of a day. And then it occurred to me that I was in this big program to learn to do things differently and this was a great place to start. So I gathered up my courage, asked if there was an alternative in the most graceful way possible, found out there was, and now I have a coach who seems like a great fit.

I'm proud of myself for asking for what I want, something I know many of us struggle with.

No comments: