Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Evie update or 40 pounds of cat on the bed is a bit much.

It's been a while since I updated you all about little Evie, the feral cat who came to me in December. Evie has become a most affectionate member of the household. She loves to be held and cuddled, likes to sleep on my chest while I watch Netflix and sometimes when I'm trying to write on the computer.

She's about 3/4 grown, I'd say. Her feet and head remain petite but she's grown long and lean. She weighs 8 pounds and finally got a microchip in case she gets out. With two cats who go out a little and Sammy, who goes out a lot though not far, it may prove impossible to keep her in all the time.

She still hides when other people come, especially if there is more than one at a time, but several times lately when I've had quiet guests, she's come and sat in the hallway door to see what's going on. I'm glad she's joined us.

However, this morning I woke at 6 and Frannie, 16 pounds, was in her customary position in the far right corner of the bed and Nellie, 12 pounds, was at my feet on the other side. Next to my right arm Sammy was stretched out, all 14 pounds of him, and on my left arm was Evie. 40 pounds of cat pinning me in place. I just had to laugh.  

No comments: