Thursday, April 24, 2014

Reposting 1

Due to a miscommunication with my web guy, a shift happened and some of you didn't get this blog and the next one, so I'm reposting them.

In my money program, many of the activities center around figuring out what we really want in all areas of our life. Saying I want to be healthier or I want to be thinner are fine, but they aren't specific enough to help us make much of a change. In my next round of support for shifting off of sugar, my friend Meredith and I are offering each other email and phone support to make changes. And so I found myself asking her and me what is it that we really want in terms of fitness and nutrition habits and behaviors.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

1. I want to eat four satisfying meals a day that will manage my blood sugar/insulin reactions so that I'm not thinking about hunger and food between meals.
2. I want to be fit and flexible enough to walk five miles without any problems.
3. I want to be able to do three flights of stairs without huffing and puffing.
4. I want all of my belly and organ fat gone.
5. I want to be so relaxed and engaged in my work and other activities that I'm not circling the refrigerator.
6. I want to be fit and flexible enough to easily get up off the floor without assistance.
7. I want to wake up refreshed from sleep every morning.
8. I want to be thin enough to fit in any theater seat.
9. I want to be physiologically calm and peaceful (anxiety be gone!).
10. I want all problems with my psoas and piriformis permanently resolved.

What is it that you really want for your health and well-being?

No comments: