Friday, May 23, 2014

Spaciousness helps too

Tuesday I was scheduled to leave on a mini-vacation at 3 in the afternoon. I had a big project to finish, a bunch of little things to get completed, including making a crockpot soup so that the veggies wouldn't go bad, some laundry, emails, house tidying for the cat sitter. The usual. It was all possible between 6 am and 2 pm unless there were interruptions and there were several, and I got more and more tense about how I was going to get it all done, and I started eating to calm myself down.

Then about 11:30 Melanie, my traveling companion, called and needed to rearrange our schedule. There was a crisis with her hospice patient (she's a volunteer) and she needed to stay in town tonight. Of course, I said yes. Of course I could go early in the morning instead, and suddenly I could relax and finish the project and think about the emails before I sent them off and not worry about the packing until this evening and maybe go outside and be in the beautiful afternoon for a half hour with a cup of tea like a leisurely person. I stopped random eating too.

That's what I really want to be: a leisurely person.

No comments: