Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dreams about being old

I've had a spell of the current cold virus going around and for the first week of it (yes, it's one that hangs on and on), I slept very strangely and poorly. I'd go right to sleep and dream and be awake in about an half hour. Then I'd go right back to sleep and dream and be awake in about a half hour.

I'm someone who dreams a lot and I often remember parts of my dreams. In a number of these dreams over the week, I was telling people how old I am. (I'm 67 and often people kindly say I look a lot younger.) But it seemed important in these dreams to make that clear or be heard about it. I'm wondering now if I was trying to get my own attention.

I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about aging. I don't worry about getting older and then old. But in the dream, it was so important that I think there's some listening to be done.

No comments: