Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Asking my friends about me

As part of the personal net worth exercise for the money program, we were asked to interview some of our close friends and family about our strengths and weaknesses. It would give us more information about our assets and liabilities of personality or behavior. I asked seven of my close friends to answer the following suggested questions about me.

a. What do you see as my key strengths? as my key weaknesses?
b.  What is most distinguishing or unique about me?
c.  When am I most powerful?
d.  In what situations am I least powerful?
e.  If you could wish one thing for me in the next year, what would it be?

It has been fascinating to get their responses and to consider what they see in me and how that matches up with my experience of me. Of course, the strengths are flattering and the weaknesses are great food for thought (after the initial gulp! of being seen as not perfect). And not surprisingly some of my strengths also get in my way.

It's an exercise I highly recommend. 

No comments: