Thursday, July 24, 2014

Tracking where my time went

Last week, July 20-26, on the advice of my coach from the money program, I kept track of my awake time in 15-minute increments. I thought it would be tedious but I did it every couple of hours and it was simple enough. But I do have to say that I was disappointed in the results.

I was hoping to discover that I was frittering away large amounts of time that I could recoup for the many things on my want-to-do list and that wasn't the case. Yes, I watch 60-90 minutes of TV most nights (a Netflix movie or an episode in a series). And yes some hot afternoons I take a nap and read for an hour. But that's about it for extra time and not at all sure I want to give up those forms of relaxation. .

The truth is that I am very productive already, which is great, but I have way more things I want to do than time in which to do them. Another piece of the paradox is that I want to have a more spacious life, a less scheduled life than I do now and still get a ton of stuff done. An interesting inquiry to be in.

No comments: