Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Report on the 31-day challenge

I am a bit past half-way on the 31-day challenge I created for myself. I decided not to wait until September but just to get started and I'm liking it a lot. Checking things off the list satisfies the productive person in me and doing one a day is helping me with my larger goal of not working so hard and pacing myself.

While it is a to-do list, it is not in the least overwhelming because it's just 15-20 minutes a day and I feel no need to take on more than that. Only one project took more than 20 minutes (25) and I let that be okay because the next day I could do one I knew would take no more than 10 minutes and I did just that.

I mostly do these in the later afternoon, often as a break from the computer, and I like that there are so many different kinds of things to choose from. I also find myself thinking about things that aren't yet on the list, so I've started a second list. Basically, I'm just going through my house drawer by shelf by drawer, many of them places I put off sorting through. Feels great!




No comments: