Saturday, February 7, 2015

Comrades in forks

I'm looking for comrades in forks, in spoons, in finger foods. I know that I can't do recovery from food and sugar addiction on my own. I've tried and I've been somewhat successful (longer and longer stretches of more appropriate eating behaviors). But I want support for the long haul. I've learned, the hard way, and over and over, that weight loss is not recovery from food addiction (it's a side effect). A diet or food plan is not recovery from food addiction, although it can help.

I'm looking for others who are as tired as I am of being run by food and succumbing to cravings and coming to with guilt and self-loathing. I am hoping to find 5-6 people interested in sharing our experience, strength, and hope with each other in a monthly meeting and experimenting with designing our own recovery programs.

If this interests you, contact me at sobertruths@gmail.com.

No comments: