Sunday, March 1, 2015

Living in radical authenticity

I've started the second year of the transformational money program. We've had two webinars and Dave Ellis, one of the great leaders, talked about his personal mission of living from radical authenticity. This doesn't mean, he said, saying everything you think and everybody else's feelings be damned. But it does mean saying yes when you can whole-heartedly say yes and saying no when that's the right answer. It means asking for what you want and asking for what you need, and graciously accepting whatever response you get. It means compromising only when you can do so graciously, not resentfully.

For the last two weeks, I've been thinking about this. How would my life change if I lived this way? Would I be more likely to get what I want, to reach my goals, to fulfill on my intentions? And how would I deal with my people-pleasing self?


No comments: