Saturday, March 7, 2015

We are what we practice

Tammy White, one of the other two leaders of the Money Course, taught this point at our first webinar. We are what we practice. this idea really struck me and I began making a list of all the things I practice:

I practice going to the gym three or four times a week.
I practice meditating in the morning.
I practice buying whatever I want on amazon.
I practice buying more food than I can eat.
I practice petting my cats a lot each day.
I practice going to AA meetings at least once every two weeks.
I practice going on writing retreats.
I practice writing every day.
I practice overeating most days.
I practice keeping my car clean.
I practice opening my home to other writers for a safe place to work.
I practice meeting my work commitments.
I practice watching Netflix most nights.
I practice eating big snacks in the late afternoon.
I practice working out at about half-speed at the gym.
I practice dealing with emails very quickly and keeping my inbox mostly empty.

This is a really great exercise because I can see what I want to keep, what I want to "be" and what I don't. What shows up on your list?

No comments: