Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Disney/Pixar's Inside Out

Yesterday my good friend Sue and I took our inner kids to see Inside Out, a dazzling animation about feelings and memories. Personifications of Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger, and Disgust run the Headquarters and help a young child maintain her core memories and deal with her feelings.

A lot of the film is hilarious and clever and the visualizations of these attributes are wonderful, both because they are spot on and because they give us something to see when we experience those feelings. I would love to have seen this as a child and, that notwithstanding, I learned a lot that is helpful for me.

Anger always gets his way, Disgust is haughty and exremely well dressed, and Fear is the laughable coward, but Sadness is the ugly duckling, the most unwanted character, who in the end saves the family. A really important message for me and maybe others.

If you have some issues with your feelings, you might enjoy it.

No comments: