Sunday, May 29, 2016

Happy news about my studio

 After some months of no news about the pending sale of our studio building, we got word last week that we've been extended a new 9-month lease that will take us through March 31, 2017. There is a price increase but it's doable for me. And this is some of the happiest money I spend!

I had begun thinking about how I would reconfigure my home space to include at least some more painting space. I know people who paint in their kitchens and garages. And I was beginning to purge some of the many supplies I have stored in my studio. Like many artists, I've been gifted with supplies and materials from others who've changed their minds about doing art or changed media. Even with the reprieve though, I think it's a good idea to start Marie Kondo-ing the studio. Many of those supplies I'm never going to use.

But it makes me very happy to know that I can keep working on multiple projects in both pastels and acrylics for most of the next year. Here's a pastel piece I just finished.


1 comment:

Bridget Benton said...

HURRAY! I'm so happy to hear this . . .