Sunday, July 10, 2016

A word about creative overwhelm

Three weeks ago, I set aside the book manuscript I was working on to attend to the studio. I'd just gotten word that the extended contract had fallen through and I wanted to finish a few paintings that I had in the works up there. I also needed to sort and purge and move everything out of it in those three weeks. I got all that accomplished but in the process came up with several series of paintings that I want to do. In a couple of weeks, I'll have my home studio ready and can get started on them.

In the meantime, I'm off for a 9-day writing retreat on Whidbey Island and have a whole bunch of projects in mind for that too. I'm closing in on a final draft on my book on sugar addiction, I'm contemplating a chapbook of poems, and I have a novel drafted that's waiting for revisions. But percolating in the back of my mind is the start of the next thriller. Yikes! So many ideas, so much to do.

No comments: