Saturday, August 20, 2016

Checking in on my Bright Line Eating progress

I've been doing the Bright Line Eating program since October 12. I've never stuck with a program for this long or with so much success. Here's some what I've gained.

  • I feel better than I have in decades.
  • I am peaceful and cheerful almost all the time. 
  • I feel truly sober.
  • I have abstained completely from sugars of any kind, flours of any kind, and snacks between meals. I have eaten a daily crapton of vegetables. 
  • I am generally compliant with weighing and measuring my food although I occasionally eat more fruit than allowed. 
  • I have a lot more stamina and enjoy working out at the gym.
  • I work 1-2 miles every day that I don't go to the gym. 
  • I have learned how to travel and eat this way. 
  • A new wardrobe 
  • I watch much less TV.

Here's some of what I've lost:

  • 80 pounds (the equivalent of a fifth-grader)
  • Having to take cholesterol medication
  • Worry and fears about my health
  • Concerns about fitting into chairs and seats on planes and in public places
  • Concerns about having to climb stairs
  • Pretending to be okay when I wasn't
  •  Chronic irritability
BLE is a powerful program. It's certainly working for me.  At the same time, I am not cured. I am a sugar and food addict, and the need to attend to that condition isn't going away. I'm okay with that.


No comments: