Sunday, August 14, 2016

Reading my wants every day

Once a month, I get together with a couple of friends and we talk about manifesting what we want. We start each meeting by writing out a list of things we currently want for ourselves, our families, our community, our world. We put down material things and spiritual things and political things. Last week we wrote out 50 things each. It was a very satisfying exercise.

Every day this month I'm committed to reading my 50 in the early morning and before bed. I'm curious to see if my feelings about them will change, if things will begin to manifest differently, if I will fall out of want with any of them. I'm curious to see if attending to them daily changes anything.

As I have a daily gratitude practice for what I already have, this seems like a nice counterpoint.

Here are a few things that are on my list (in no particular order):

1. Thousands of people read my blog.
2. My hips and legs are pain-free.
3. My apartment is easily affordable.
4. I have a fit and flexible body.
5. I take art workshops in wonderful places.
6. I am a confident swimmer.
7. All animals in the world are treated with kindness.
8. I have many wonderful opportunities to be in wild nature.
9. I live from curiosity and generosity.
10. I spend all my time in deep peacefulness.

What's on your list?

No comments: