Saturday, September 24, 2016

A great quote from Elisabeth Gilbert

I am not a big Elisabeth Gilbert fan although I did enjoy her collection of short stories, Pilgrims. I couldn't get past 25 pages of Eat, Pray, Love, which seemed to me to have as much relevance for the average woman as 50 Shades of Grey. But I have just finished Big Magic, which is a marvelous book, both for those on the creative path and those on the conscious life path. She has many wonderful things to say, and much of it resonated with me. I recommend it highly.

Here's a quote that was very meaningful for me.

"Whatever it is you are pursuing, whatever it is you are seeking, whatever it is you are creating, be careful not to quit too soon. Don't let go of your courage the moment things stop being easy or rewarding. Because that moment? That's the moment when interesting begins."

And interesting is the gateway to wonder, which is the gateway to being alive.

No comments: