On New Year's Day, we gather in circle and create lists of what we're wanting for the next year. We used to create to-do lists, and then we shifted to goals, and now we've come to our senses and we create lists of possibilities. Possibility allows us to be outrageous in our thinking, always a good thing at the planning stage.
This year, my list has 31 items on it, 31 possibilities for projects, dreams, practices, rituals, connections. It's a wonderfully rich and full list. Here are a few items:
- Stay abstinent from sugar, flour, and snacks.
- Get to my goal weight.
- Publish novel #5 (I finished the last set of revisions on retreat).
- Travel to Ireland and Amsterdam.
- Change my relationship with the phone.
- Take bigger risks in my studio.
- Get just the right car.
What's on your list of possibilities this year?