Thursday, March 9, 2017

What is your B?

Over the years, I've taken a number of personal transformation workshops and one of the ideas that showed up several times was to figure out what you want and then work backwards in sorting out how you will get it. Simple enough, of course, but the difficulty often is that our wants can occur as pretty vague ideas. I want to be happier. I want to travel. I want get more creative. 

If we're wanting to move from A to B, it's easy to figure out A. That's what we've got now. But without defining B, it's really hard to make an effective plan. So I've been practicing honing my Bs.

Here are some examples:

I want to be a serious painter BECOMES I want to paint every day OR I want to take two art classes this year.

I want a deeper spiritual connection BECOMES I want to develop a daily practice that will put me more in touch with Spirit.

I want the Candy Girl program to be a success BECOMES I want 500 people on my mailing list.

How would it help you to refine some of your Bs? 

No comments: